Work Of Art - The Next Great Artist (TV Series)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Talk' started by Gameface, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Gameface

Gameface James Moynagh

Anyone watch The Next Great Artist which is on Sky Arts at the minute. It’s on season 2 but I only found it there 3 weeks ago, I missed the 1st series, and the first show I seen was the 3rd episode od the 2nd series. Love it, it basically the X factor of art where every week the artists come up with a piece of art to keep them in the show and try win that week’s show. The overall winner gets 100,000 dollars plus other prizes. Each week one person gets kicked off, last week there was 2 so we are currently down to 9 left I think. Last week’s show winner got 20,000 dollars for their win. The catch is you basically have a day and an hour to do your piece, so first day you get the brief in the morning, you have time to think about what you are going to create, then off to the store with 100 dollar budget to buy your art supplies, and back to the studio to start work until 12 that night. The you have an hour in the morning to finish the piece before bringing it to the gallery for the show. After the show the judges pick out the artists who’s pieces worked that week and does that didn’t. Then review everyone’s piece and pick the winner, and finally gruel the poor pieces and pick who goes home this week. Reminds me of college projects.
    It would be cool if someone came up with a similar program for designers or Industrial Designers. I think to be fair you would need maybe 2-3 days to make it work, what you think?
  2. Gameface

Gameface James Moynagh

Been doing some research into the artists on the show today. One of the girls in the first series was Nicole Nadeau, an industrial designer. She made it into the last 4/5, two people were booted out on that show. I've included the link to her website here for anyone who wants to take a look