The gathering Ireland 2013

Discussion in 'Off Topic Talk' started by sketchforsketch, Sep 1, 2012.

1. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    So you\'ve all probably hear and seen adds for this gathering thing. What do you think of this, is it just another Irish tourism gimmick to attracted the so called Irish diaspora in order to get a couple of euros from them or is it something else?
    [youtube]x2WylVJB4AY[/youtube]
    [youtube]DQvn0OKF6rA[/youtube]
    thegatheringireland.com
  2. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Was going to ask some questions about all this, but I was going to write from the football point of view. I read an article on the design of thehelmuts for the Notre Dame uniform but can\'t find it now:(...there seems to be a lot of discust at the new uniform design...by the way see all the players had special designed boots made by addidas in the irish flag colours, what ya think...on a lighter note, the new NFL season kicks off next Weekend...finally its here, anyone else out there got an interest?
  3. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Ya I seen the tri-colour boots, they look tacky enough. But that’s not really what I was thinking of when I posted this topic. Just wondering is this all we can come up with to try and generate cash flow and get our economy moving again,

Plan A is always Tourism,
    Plan B is Tourism,
    Plan C is let our brightest emigrate (safety valve as Fine Gael calls it)
    Plan D is sing a song,
    Plan E is I.T,
    Plan F is having a piss up (Tourism),
    Plan G is make more food (just in case it runs out again),
    Plan H is HERE
  4. pete the neat New Member

Message Count:
    how ye boys, yeah think its a good idea because we need the money. hate the name though sounds like a bad sci fi movie title \"the gathering\" coming to a cinemas near you this summer. totally agree with enda, get as many ex pats / foreigners over here turn them upside down shake them and see how much money comes out of their pockets. ha ha. good luck bucks
  5. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Hahaha… Your right about the name, no its not sci-fi tho it sounds more like a horror film (some kind of cult gathering somewhere probably in Gurteen, Co. Sligo :=D ). A good name would be the ambush, take the money and leg it.