Pc, Mac laptop or Tablet

Discussion in 'Design Technology' started by sketchforsketch, Mar 9, 2012.

1. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    I’ve a problem with my Dell Pc, it’s old and slow. In addition, one of the RAM slots is faulty. It flat lines from time to time, and that annoying blue screen comes up WTH aaahhhhh =( . I’m thinking of getting a new PC, Mac laptop or Tablet. However, to be honest I can’t see the tablet being a real replacement for the PC or Mac Laptop in terms of workability and functionality. What do you think? Can anyone recommend a laptop that would easily run design software without any hassle? Also would there be any conflict between a Mac and a PC sharing the same home Lan network? So, what would you get and why?
  2. pete the neat New Member

Message Count:
    I have an acer laptop for a few years now its a big mutha #*** but good ye can get wee handheld laptops now they look good or how about an i pad. i pad are tha sha mizzle. ah listen im only yappin i dont #*** know.
  3. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    feck ya duffy, I\'m in the dentist getting my tooth put back in for the 4th time in a month and your post is making me laugh so much I nearly put it out again...and me trying to let it set here..they\'ll kill me if it comes out again
  4. Joergn Member

Message Count:
    true. gaming machines could be the way to go. with stand alone graphics card
  5. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Ya it\'s between the MacBook pro and the iMac (beautiful large screen). iMac is not portable. Both cost well over a grand so they aren’t cheap.

[IMG]

[IMG]