New iPad

Discussion in 'Industrial/Product Design' started by Gameface, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    So folks, the new iPad was unveiled this week, where people impressed with it and will you buy it?

2. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    If I buy the new iPad its not to replace my laptop or the computer. I would see it as a digital sketchbook tool with access to the web (for me anyways). You know, I would have to look at the reviews about the sketching capability and yes, I would have to buy the right pen also. How much will that cost??? don’t know yet, its a big factor too.
  3. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    well first question is will software like Photoshop work on it? If so can you have a floating licence so that you can use on both your laptop and i-pad? There\'s numerous pens out there so its a case off getting the right one...
  4. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Yes, I think the software will be fine. Not too sure, about the floating licence thing tho that remains a grey area. (Have to research it). I would want sketchbook pro instead of Photoshop because there is a difference in the line/ brush quality. I remember seeing AutoDesk paint book (not sure is that correct name) for sale a while back, its way cheaper than Photoshop and does the same thing. Ya theres a lot of them pens knocking around I was looking on youtube just the other day. From what I gather the finer the tip is, the better control of the line you have. The fatter tips produces a thicker line they don’t look very precise. But yes we may have to review some pen products to be sure.
  5. Joergn Member

Message Count:
    I\'m writing this with my pad. The photoshop app it\'s ok for what it is, it\'s a bit fun. But for when you need precision you need a mouse/ table pen. The pad is better as an extra research to go hand in hand with your computer. There\'s other things the pad is better at, depending on the user. Myself like the YouTube app and the amazon app, eBay app, are so well done. You well never use the desktop ever again.
    It\'s just my thoughts
    Bye
    Joe
  6. Joergn Member

Message Count:
    heres a vid on the ipad 3. make up your own mind on it
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/16/appl ... view-2012/