Irish Industrial Design Companies

Discussion in 'Design Jobs' started by Gameface, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    I was thinking it might be a good idea if we could compile a list of all the Industrial Design companies in Ireland, and it would be a good source for those who are looking for work experience in college, those looking for an internship or those looking for a job. Every small bit helps.
  2. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    I like your idea, it would be handy for both job seekers and those looking to get a product designed and developed, but would those companies want to place their link here? How would it work? is it a directory add on section? Or, perhaps it’s just a topic post here in the forum. It could be placed /pinned to the top of the job or service section. (Or anywhere else)
  3. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Think for a stat people need to reply to this thread with the names of the companies, that's a start, then when there is enough we could look to have them all in the one place, maybe a bit of information on them. So let me get the ball rolling.
    Design Partners - based in Bray, they won the international reddot design award for four innovative products in medical, computing and accessories categories recently.
    Dolmen - Based in Dublin. They won two red dot awards this year I think.
    These would be considered the big two in Ireland I think, wouldn't that be right?
    Movement - Based in Dublin and design mainly medical devices, one of our old class mates works there.
  4. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    As posted in another post Design Partners are looking for a mechanical engineer, could be a foot in the door for someone.