Hello

Discussion in 'Say Hello' started by Gameface, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Hi folks, cool to say I\'m the first person to post on this great new website..lol. Firstly a wee bit about myself, I did Industrial Design in Sligo with the Mick who set up this site. College was a great time in my life but I wish I knew then what I know now about design, not dishing my course but I probably realised more about what it takes to be a designer and that I actually wanted to be one a couple off years after leaving. I currently worked as a glass bottle (Product & Moulds) for the last 5 and a half years. As a result I\'ve probablty falling away from ID but I\'ve always kept an eye on stuff through the years and currently working on my sketching and design ideas. I hope to have some post and tutorials up on the site in the next few weeks from some off my expierences and knowledge I\'ve picked up.
    Lastly best off luck to Sketchforsketch.com and hope to see lots off discussions and tips from everyone else.
  2. pete the neat New Member

Message Count:
    well chap peter here,
    yeah really like the cut of this websites jib. reminds me of coroflot a bit
  3. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Hello and welcome to sketchforsketch.com. Yes I’m Michael an industrial designer, that hopes to create a place where we (designer and engineers) can hang out and chat about the issues that affect us here in Ireland and worldwide. You can use this forum to pass on your knowledge, experience to others, and perhaps learn new stuff. You can also use it to promote yourself, your ideas, your designs and your design business. So, feel free. :D
  4. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    How did that happen? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Peter
  5. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    How did that happen? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cos you forgot why you set uo this site.... :lol:
  6. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Ya u right, put it on back burner for a while (like everything else). ;)
  7. Joergn Member

Message Count:
    hello im joe rgn
    this is my first post. im here to broaden my drawing and design skills.
  8. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Hello and welcome intermission83 .
    Me too, are you going to throw down a few lines soon? (Sketches)
  9. Bellmahkam New Member

Message Count:
    Hey Folks, I have just join your group here. I am a fine artist and graphic designer, with strong background in fashion and costume design, looking for new challenages in graphic industry. I have a website displaying my paintings and would like to invite you to visit at : http://mahkampaints.weebly.com
    Good to see all artist and fans here.
    R, Mahkam
  10. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Hi Mahkam and welcome.
    I looked at your link, very nice watercolours. You also worked in China, as a lecturer what was that like?
  11. Joergn Member

Message Count:
    hello all
  12. Cathal New Member

Message Count:
    Hey everyone, Just came accross this site.
    I\'m Cathal, about to enter my 3rd year of study in Industrial design at IT Carlow .
    Previously worked as a cabinet maker making all kinds of furniture,
    I have to say I am enjoying studying design at the moment and also have a small part time business to keep me in college - http://hukuboards.com
    I have a portfolio on http://www.coroflot.com/cathalsheridan, if anyone wants to have a look and give any feedback!
  13. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Hi Cathal, welcome to the site. Your actually running a design and manufacturing business and your just about to enter the 3rd year of Industrial Design in IT Carlow. What the hell man!!!! that’s very impressive. I was looking at hukuboards.com , your boards, are very cool. If you would like to promote your designs and product range or even show your design process please feel free to post.
  14. Cathal New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks a lot!
    yeah I have be doing it for a few years now, it\'s paying my way through college, so all good! and it\'s good experience too.
  15. Phil_ New Member

Message Count:
    Alright guys, love the site. Im Phil a graduate from IT Carlow currently designing coffee equipment and water boilers.
  16. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Hi Phil and welcome,

Another IT Carlow designer :=D and your designing coffee equipment, sounds interesting but technical. Your not working for the Marco company by any chance? You can place your link up if you like.
  17. Phil_ New Member

Message Count:
    I am indeed working in Marco, started a couple of months back.
  18. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on getting the job there. When Gameface, Joergn and I were in college, our final year project was to design a espresso machine and Marco and Marcus Notley (external examiner) were the experts that set the brief. Ya man, those machines are fairly technical a lot to get right to produce the perfect espresso shot. So do you know the difference between a manual, semi automatic and fully automatic machine ? :=D (You see I did learn something in college Gameface :p and it was just that.)
  19. mariannakane New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    http://www.designburst.ie
    Hi Everyone,
    I am Marianna Kane of DesignBurst. DesignBurst is a new centre for product design based in Dublin (for now). Feel free to contact me if you are interested in participating in our product design contracts or attending our product design networking events :) Here is a link to our facebook : DesignBurst facebook page so that you can see our updates.
  20. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Hello and welcome Marianna, Yes I been on your site a few times now, DesignBurst sounds really great, if you could post more info about it and if you would like to make a new topic post about DesignBurst that would be brilliant. How would you describe DesignBurst is it a consultancy or is it a crowd sourcing design business? The networking events sounds cool and you also plan to provide workshops…..cool.