Google GLASS

Discussion in 'Design News' started by sketchforsketch, Feb 21, 2013.

1. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:

Take a look at this add for google glass. Looks very cool, it’s pretty much a lot of the smart phone features that are incorporated into a headset with a single glass lens and frame. The glass is activated by voice command ‘OK, Glass’ but it also has a small gesture based touch pad button on the side of the
    Some of the features
    User interface....Camera...Video recorder...Speak messaging...Voice translator...GPS...Clock and yes GOOGLE anything

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    (Credit: Google)

This is still in the manufacturing phase so it isn’t on sale yet, but it looks like it will be available in five different colours Charcoal, Tangerine, Shale, Cotton, Sky. They’re currently looking for creative people to submit and explore ideas in how you could use this new smart wearable technology. So check out their website HERE

2. Joergn Member

Message Count:
    The applications or endless, like 999 calls. The doctor can see the person at the scene. Engineer on a bridge checking for safety of the structure. Jumping out of a balloon. Looks gud as an entertainment device and as a professional device could open up a near era. Just my thought. Could it be used in every day you?
  3. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Is this not like a limited edition release. Was reading about something similar last week where only a certain amount are to be released
  4. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Yes, I think they gave it out to a small number of people to see how they would use it and what they got up too. It looks cool, but I don’t think people would wear it; they should try to integrate it into a pair of regular glasses or sunglasses. What do you think?

Actually, it rather reminds me of inspector gadget. GO GO GADGET, or in this case Go Go Google Glass. :D