Forum script upgrade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by sketchforsketch, Mar 11, 2013.

1. sketchforsketch

sketchforsketch Administrator Staff Member

Hi all
    We are going to upgrade this forum to a better script. It should be easier to post links, videos and images.
    ParrLeu likes this.
  2. Gameface

Gameface Moderator Staff Member

Liking the new site design chap.
  3. sketchforsketch

sketchforsketch Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Gameface, we still need to sort out the top section it needs content like images maybe related to the post content, also was thinking about redesigning the sketchforsketch logo. I have come up with some ideas but they are simple enough. Trying to add Google ads to it at the moment, but I don’t want to clutter the page up with too many ads.
  4. ParrLeu

ParrLeu New Member

Hi sketchforsketch,

Has any consideration been given to alternatives? Spitballing here, but maybe:
    • place a donate button on the site (PayPal, for one option, makes this pretty easy) for voluntary exchange for the value the forum provides - make it possible for guests to do this as well as users - u could even offer something like merch or 30 min of dedicated design review, etc for different donation levels, like PBs or crowdsourced funding sites do
    • raising money through a crowdsourced funding solution - which would also bring the site to people's notice
    • asking for designs that members could donate and you all could place on sites like Shapeways and Kraftwurx, iPhoto, etc. to garner some of the bux each time one is printed or downloaded
    • making some site merch designs for sale on places like Zazzle, Shapeways, iPhoto, etc.
    • etc.?
    While the advertising might be fairly innocuous, as far as advertising goes, it is still ads. Personally, I find any ads grating. In the world of the online, in particular, as they are everywhere now, 1000s every day taking up seconds of our attention that we have not explicitly granted to be taken. I think they are mostly fairly ineffective background noise because we are so inundated with them, and they also take from the audience without giving.
    sketchforsketch likes this.