Doodles

Discussion in 'Sketching' started by Gameface, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    So what type off doodles do you produce when your in that boring meeting or relaxing at home or on the bus..etc..
  2. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
  3. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Ahh missing a mirror and rear wheel is nonexistent. Yes, need more detail. :D
  4. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Hey folks, finally getting round to put up a few doodles and sketches, one area I have a interest is sports shoe design, love the sketches other designers produce from Adidas, Nike, Puma etc..a big inspiration is D\'wayne Edwards, he\'s worked in the industry since he left school in 89 I think with LA Gear, Nike and Jordan, he is also the man who has set up the pensole academy. Anyway have a few doodles done today, first one is my Adidas runner, what you think, I know I need improvement so any tips? Hope the quality is OK, had to use my i-phone to upload the sketch.

[IMG]
  5. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    [IMG]
    football boot sketch. This is my attemp off an existing sketch I seen in a book
  6. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Nice runner & football boot. Images are a bit dark, how did you import them?
  7. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Well i\'ve a problem, I got no scanner so I was able to get round this by taking a picture with my I-phone and when I copied it onto my laptop I had to rotate the image and resave before uploading! Took the picture this evening so light wasn\'t great, probably should have put the light on, but this work great for a sketch you just want to bring into Photoshop and use as a base for designing an image say for a t-shirt or proper runner rendering done on a computer
  8. ParrLeu New Member

Message Count:
    While I don't have examples handy, many times I like to hold a pencil over a sheet of paper, spin the paper around every which way and then see what I can draw from on that fairly random base. It can also be fun to look around me, see what would make an interesting component of something else, draw that and then draw a few things with that as a component.

- Heather