Design Books

Discussion in 'Design Education' started by Gameface, May 28, 2012.

1. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    What books have you in your collection? What books would you like to get? What are the books an Industrial Designer should have in his collection? I\'d like to get a list here to help new designers know what to buy.
  2. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    I would highly recommended Sketching: Drawing Techniques for Product Designers By Koos Eissen and Roselien Steur. Available on amazon
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Well chap, finally back on the site after a few weeks, as you know been a bit strange...yea that\'s a book I have at home, it very good as a reference for different styles but is more the finished sketches. Any advise on books which are written around the basic\'s of sketches and developing sketching styles from strat to finish?
  4. sketchforsketch Administrator

Message Count:
    Welcome back James thanks for posting, but I don’t expect you to be on this night and day, hopefully other people will start to post too. And maybe we could build something together. ;) By the way I came across a video of that Sketching: Drawing Techniques for Product Designers book on you tube.
    [youtube]Oo-9ArmoTYA[/youtube]
    (Are they going to release a DVD?) That would be cool.

Yon know those guys released another book \"Sketching the basics\", was thinking of getting it. Here a preview.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[youtube]seCB6F3ulRc[/youtube]
    Available on amazon
    www.sketching.nl
  5. Joergn Member

Message Count:
    nice, looks like a must buy
  6. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Came across an interesing article today called 30 Essential Books for Industrial Designers. All of the books mentioned here on this post are in the article. What does everyone think? Any other books you\'ve come across since which should be on it? There is also an article Good Books on Design Sketching