Adobe Software Options

Discussion in 'Design Software' started by Gameface, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    This is something I came across a month ago, I decided to download the trial version of Adobe Illustrator to get some practice with it and while I was waiting for it to download I decided to check how much it cost, sure maybe I might be able to afford it on its own...no chance, as you know the prices off these software such as Illustrator and photoshop can be pricey for the casual user...however I did come across a great offer they now provide on adobe\'s website, you can get a subscription based on either a year or by month to month...this I think is great for soemone who maybe only uses it now and then so you could for a small fee get the use of a full version when you need. For example Illustrator is 36 euro and photoshop 43 euro a month... for a year subscription ints around 300-400 euro...if interested visit abobe\'s site and you can see the prices, terms and conditions and off course some comments from people who availed off the offer..this I think is a great idea...
  2. Gameface Moderator

Message Count:
    Well folks just an update on my earlier post..i\'d downloaded the trial version which gave me 30 days use of the full program...at the end off the 30 days I decided to check out how easy it was to upgrade. Well I went to the site, put in the details, ie wanted to download, wanted it for windows, and of course I wanted it for a month to month contract...that I hit an issue...as i\'d said earlier i thought this would be about 43 euro a month...well turns out it cost 60 a month...and when i calculated it up after comparing buying the full licence its as cheap to just buy it out in one way, depending on how you use it...if its only once or twice a year then i\'d go with the monthly option but if your using it a lot then its worth the investment to just buy a copy..which puts me in a pickle...i can\'t afford to buy a copy but I would love to, month to month is tempting as maybe I could you it to get work to generate cash to buy a full copy but its a risk...
  3. ParrLeu New Member

Message Count:
    Hi GameFace,

Have you ever checked out Inkscape and Paint.Net? These are completely free programs that really do the bulk of what photoshop and illustrator do - They even have a really wide vareity of free and low cost plug ins available. : - )

- Heather and Joe