Sketching Tips

Sketching Tips

Has anyone any tips on how to start sketching, like tutorials or books? I've been away from design since I left college a few years ago as I found work in other areas and want to get back into it, and having a hard time getting started back sketching.

Boxty
    ranks
    useravatar
    2 Posts
    Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Sketching Tips

If you look at some off the other posts there is books mentioned. Actually I must say I'm trying to get back into sketching and its quite hard to get back when you've been away a while. I finding it hard to get started, hard to stick through the shit I'm producing, problems is I look at the books and want to produce the cool sketches but will take lots off hard work to even get near there. The worst thing is I don't know what to sketch...there's only so much boxes and elipses I can do, its making the next step to picking a product and making it look real on the paper.

JamesMoynagh-Gameface
    useravatar

I know the feeling, ya took the worlds out  of my mouth.

Joergn
    ranks
    useravatar
    45 Posts

I hope that's not a sign its just not ment to be...lol...

JamesMoynagh-Gameface
    useravatar

I have a few recommendations for sketching tutorials and books:
    Sketching the Basics Sketching the Basics- Koos Eissen - Brilliant book that provides an overview of the fundamentals of sketching.
    Sketching Product designSketching: Drawing Techniques for Product Designers - Relates sketching techniques to product design firms - like a big case study of design firms and how they sketch.
    Also a brilliant online resource is Sketch a Day.com - this guy has a good few tutorials and although they are quite advanced in many cases it will help inspire you :-) They are also on FaceBook so you get inspire regularly :-)

My company DesignBurst is running a sketching course. Its a 4 week evening course that is very intensive. It covers all of the fundamentals of design sketching and rendering and will help you brush up on your technique and will give you a clear way of putting pen to paper effectively :-) I designed this course based on my years of experience in the design sector and have tried to keep it fun and engaging to encourage people to sketch.
    More details of next course here:
    Sketch 4 Success course -DesignBurst

Real time info here:
    DesignBurst Facebook page

Any questions please just ask :-) Happy to help share any insight I have :-)
    Marianna

mariannakane
    ranks
    useravatar
    9 Posts
    Add to: Facebook Add to: Twitter Add to: Mr. Wong Add to: Webnews Add to: Icio Add to: Oneview Add to: Folkd Add to: Yigg Add to: Linkarena Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Simpy Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Spurl Add to: Google Add to: Blinklist Add to: Blogmarks Add to: Diigo Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Blinkbits Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Smarking Add to: Netvouz Information