Autodesk Sketchbook Pro

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro

Does anyone here have this programme? If so what do you think off it? Would I be right in saying it only costs about 60 euro?

Gameface
    useravatar
    219 Posts
    Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Autodesk Sketchbook Pro

Gameface wrote:

Does anyone here have this programme? If so what do you think off it? Would I be right in saying it only costs about 60 euro?

I don’t think I have that software but are you sure its 60 euros? That sounds very cheap.

sketchforsketch
    useravatar
    168 Posts

Well that's what I got quoted on the website, actually they were giving a discount so was a lot less than that, think around 40 euro or something, must post the link to the site, that's why I'm asking. It was a guy who designs/sketches sports shoe's who wrote about how he uses it and thinks it a great tool.

Gameface
    useravatar
    219 Posts

Please post the link up, it sounds like a bargain. Is it the latest version? 

^^^^ 0.50 they have french curves…nice

sketchforsketch
    useravatar
    168 Posts

It effectively does a very similar job to photoshop but is optimised for sketching, with the trade off being that it's not as feature rich.
    I initially downloaded the lite version on my phone to try it out and was impressed enough with it that when I bought an Ipad I bought the full version.
    As I said, it lacks some of the features of photoshop but it has the benefit that you can stay in the sluice whilst sketching.

TwentySeven
    Amateur
    ranks
    useravatar
    2 Posts

Hi TwentySeven and welcome.
    That sounds handy alright. Will have to get it I think. Bye the way, how do you find sketching on the iPad, and what stylus do you use?

sketchforsketch
    useravatar
    168 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome smile
    I enjoy sketching on the iPad but it does take a fair amount of commitment, as putting pen on paper still feels more natural. It's generally a matter of deciding whether the sketches will need to be used at a later point or if im just sketching down a quick idea.
    To me, sketches produced on the ipad hold more value than those drawn on paper as they retain their layers when imported and without any loss of resolution. Paper drawings on the other hand, whilst quicker and more intuitive to produce tend to lose some quality after I scan them; that's forgetting the inconvenience -if you can call it that- of not having a Control-Z option on paper.

I use a Griffin stylus that I picked up in CompuB. It has the typical conductive rubber tip that takes some getting used to, saying that, you do get used to it.
    There is an alternative out that I've heard a lot of good things about called the JotPro by Adonit. It has a clear tip so that less of the drawing is block by the pen. It seems like a nice alternative, however I would still love to see Apple and Wacom work together on a pressure sensitive stylus for the iPad, it would improve things a lot.

TwentySeven
    Amateur
    ranks
    useravatar
    2 Posts
    Add to: Facebook Add to: Twitter Add to: Mr. Wong Add to: Webnews Add to: Icio Add to: Oneview Add to: Folkd Add to: Yigg Add to: Linkarena Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Simpy Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Spurl Add to: Google Add to: Blinklist Add to: Blogmarks Add to: Diigo Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Blinkbits Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Smarking Add to: Netvouz Information