Future of the Car

Future of the Car

As everyone knows there is going to come a point were oil runs out...how far in the future is anyone's guess. It depends on how much more oil we start using. But the reality is that our world is going to have to change especially if we want to drive cars. Yes there is a lot off work been done to get ready for this change but it looks like the car industry is slow or doesn't believe the day will come when oil will run out...or is it just that developing the new energy is going to be next to near impossible. The electric car is here...there are a small number in the country but as far as I know they are in use in towns/cities due to there short run distance before they can be recharged? This leads me to ask the question, if we want a car to replace what we already have is this possible? Or is it cost effective? How do we generate the power to recharge the batteries? But more importantly is there a way for us to use the elements off the world and tap into them while we actually use the car? I'm talking solar power and other in-genius ideas. Anyone who has ever seen the film 'Race The Sun' which is loosely based on a true story about a group high school students who came 18th in the 1990 World Solar Challenge and first place among high school entries. It was a competition where the cars involved in a race powered by the sun. Does Ireland have a good enough sun to power cars? Its said its perfect for the solar panels we have on houses, so would the sun be ok for the cars? For me I think there is areas to be looked at to regenerate power from the moving vehicle. How can we recycle that energy...have have thoughts and ideas on the subject but I don't really know that much about cars so don't know if they would make a difference, never mind work...what does everybody else thin?

JamesMoynagh-Gameface
    useravatar
    Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Future of the Car

Will it run out really wink , but the ocean is vast and its not in the oil companies interest to devalue its stockpile by giving the correct stock quantity answer? Peak oil allows the companies to sell their product at the highest price possible, why wouldn’t they.
    New technologies and techniques will allow deep sea drilling in uncharted areas, and they will probably find more. And if it gets totally depleted there are other planets out there (as far fetched as it sounds…) but not impossible. Ooooo such a disposable future.

Getting back to future car propulsion systems, I think we heading down a green electric path for now (we may make a u turn), so a combination of wind, wave, and solar electric dispensing power points. You can probably argue that we don’t need our own personal cars, so if public transport worked for everyone, it would prolong the life of oil for a while, but you may need to relocate into citys to access proper public transport services. You don’t know scientists could make a brakethrough somewhere and suggest something better, who knows.

sketchforsketch
    useravatar
    169 Posts

I agree somewhat with you, there is more oil out there than we currently have access to but question is can it be gotten, there's issues with some just been too hard to get to, even if the technology was there..there is also the political aspect, I believe that in America there is loads off areas they can't drill in because off political reason...but as you say the price could be hiked. Money and power are two dangerous tools.

As with regards the future, I believe we should be looking at alternate options even if there is no issue with oil. Leaving out the price i'm sure its far better for the envoirment if we have cars powered by cleaner energy...provided this is not at a cost...too often grants cause an excess off building, ie windfarms...
    think I'm probably going off the point here..but yes it needs to be explored...

JamesMoynagh-Gameface
    useravatar

interesting, in the next decade , even this year the introduction of electric car is here. they maybe ok for city driving. long distances?
    Funny even in my town in the west of ireland there is all ready points to be set up to charge these cars.
    My question is it just a steping stone or is it the way forward?
    renault zoe is it going into or is in production?
    ireland and hydrogen fuel car
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/mot … 99515.html

hydrogen fuel last years news?

Joergn
    ranks
    useravatar
    45 Posts
    Add to: Facebook Add to: Twitter Add to: Mr. Wong Add to: Webnews Add to: Icio Add to: Oneview Add to: Folkd Add to: Yigg Add to: Linkarena Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Simpy Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Spurl Add to: Google Add to: Blinklist Add to: Blogmarks Add to: Diigo Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Blinkbits Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Smarking Add to: Netvouz Information