Apple unveils iPhone 5

Apple unveils iPhone 5

As you may have seen Apple has unveiled its new iPhone 5. Its thinner, lighter and has a taller screen giving the user a more ergonomic feel . It contains A6 chip that provides greater performance and longer battery life. So check out the videos for yourself

[youtube]A1Rc4MDmr8o/youtube]

https://sketchforsketch.com/components/com_agora/img/members/13/mini_iphone-5.jpg

https://sketchforsketch.com/components/com_agora/img/members/13/mini_iphone-5a.jpg

https://sketchforsketch.com/components/com_agora/img/members/13/mini_test.jpg

www.apple.com

sketchforsketch
    useravatar
    160 Posts
    Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Apple unveils iPhone 5

No real surprises at the launch I hear, all had been leaked out the last few months anyway. No surprises that it follows the same look and fell, to be honest why change what works. To quote the Irish Independent "THE surprise was that there were no surprises". Yes its thinner than anything out there, but is that really important? on the plus side the screen has got slightly bigger but still not in the same league as the new Samsung Galaxy s3 which might not be a bad thing in one way but still the galaxy has a great size screen:)...I know cos in July I has a choice to make, I was upgrading and could stick with the iPhone or move to galaxy, unfortunately I moved and it something I regret...yes the galaxy is a good phone but when it comes to the actually functions of a phone, ie ringing and texting it falls down compared to the i-phone. The i-phone is by its definition designed around the concept of minimalism which is something that appeals to me, and if I’m honest I’m very tempted to pay out big money just to get back to an i-phone, even if I only buy the 4s. Its the small things that matter. But the big thing is the fact that has changed and was highlighted or leaked was that the charger/charing input has changed, yes you get a new charger but all your old chargers and docking stations won't work...and for some people that could be tele (used to be me), radio, car charger..now that's where they make the money..

Gameface
    useravatar
    209 Posts

Small changes here and there, more feature more power and more screen, but looks very similar to the old one. “Creating an entirely new design meant inventing entirely new technology" You agree? 

Yes came across a load of  them fake iPhone 5 leaked videos on youtube, some looked like B.S and some looked better than the real deal. You don’t know if Samsung have to go back to the drawing board it might not be a bad thing, they may come up with something much better than this.
    Regarding the charger connector thing, I thought the E.U passed a new law a while back, telling manufactures of devices to use a common charger connector. Maybe it hasn’t come into law yet…or I could have been dreaming.             
    Hey if you going to buy a new iPhone maybe you could do a new post or blog entry comparing the iPhone 5 to the Samsung Galaxy s3, that would be kind of cool.

sketchforsketch
    useravatar
    160 Posts

That story was out there but no its not been passed yet that all phone manufacturers have to have the same charger..then again how can the E.U. rule about something that effects the rest of the worlds, ie America, Asia..they are massive markets, growing all the time and probably bigger than Europe. That would almost be unlawfull as you could have to produce a second type of phone for Europe or be forced to limit the design of your phone if you want one that fits all the world.

Gameface
    useravatar
    209 Posts

Gameface wrote:

That story was out there but no its not been passed yet that all phone manufacturers have to have the same charger..then again how can the E.U. rule about something that effects the rest of the worlds, ie America, Asia..

No its just the E.U i think.

Gameface wrote:

That would almost be unlawfull as you could have to produce a second type of phone for Europe or be forced to limit the design of your phone if you want one that fits all the world.

No i think it would be good its only the charger connector that would change, not a big deal better for users IMO, but yes not 100% sure i am correct.

sketchforsketch
    useravatar
    160 Posts

have to see how it unfolds

Joergn
    Junior Intern
    ranks
    useravatar
    38 Posts
    Add to: Facebook Add to: Twitter Add to: Mr. Wong Add to: Webnews Add to: Icio Add to: Oneview Add to: Folkd Add to: Yigg Add to: Linkarena Add to: Digg Add to: Del.icio.us Add to: Reddit Add to: Simpy Add to: StumbleUpon Add to: Slashdot Add to: Netscape Add to: Furl Add to: Yahoo Add to: Spurl Add to: Google Add to: Blinklist Add to: Blogmarks Add to: Diigo Add to: Technorati Add to: Newsvine Add to: Blinkbits Add to: Ma.Gnolia Add to: Smarking Add to: Netvouz Information